Wednesday 28 September 2011

Connected with the world

I decided to have a reflective day. It is not easy to be still and as you know me,  I do not really do ‘time for myself’  thing. September was rather busy and full of excitements month. Today looked like a brilliant day for rest in the garden (shoveling gravel), reading, praying and connecting with  you! 
A little bit of explanation: you opened our letter and first thing you saw was ‘Facebook’ logo. I bet your first reaction was, ‘What the...?’ And if you had never seen Facebook...??
Many of you have seen the messages below, but some of you are not part of this amazingly useful and sometimes annoyingly ‘taking  all of your time’ interconnected world. So, I thought instead of deeeeeep reflection on what was happening in our part of the world I will copy and paste our Facebook diary messages. Some of you will trace back Lord’s steps once more and others....well, I hope you will enjoy reading this. 
1st of September, 2:41pm
September...well, tomorrow we are heading for the wedding to Leeds and .....from Monday on as Rugile will go back to school I will sit down to write a reflection on a year that passed by and what wonderful things God has done in Gloucester.
Meanwhile, we are settling  into our new home, which is absolutely gorgeous cottage type house, about a hundred years old ....we have already met almost all of our neighbours, who are very lovely. Today I chatted with a man, who is also retired and keen to make friends and chat about his family and etc.
Please, if you are in town pop in for a cup of tea!!!! We will have an open house day as soon as we unpack and tidy up around the house! However, if you really want to see us earlier just come....we are always happy to see you!
Blessings to you all!
7th of September, 11:44am
we had a very good church leaders meeting and it seems we have a big green light to start doing something amazing together!!!
12th of September, 11:45am
Hi all, there is not much news yet about what is going to happen this year, but there are things that are happening, but it is too early for the public announcement. Please, pray for wisdom and discernment, peace and joy for we are thrilled for the Lord is in action. Big Time!
Tonight we are having our ECM missionaries in Gloucester prayer meeting and of course plenty of food for us all to enjoy fellowship.
14th of September, 12:19pm
had my first Polish lesson after very relaxing summer... will I ever learn this language? I did remember some stuff, but I really need to repeat repeat and repeat again and again....so, please, pray for me!


Facebook is a social networking site intended to connect friends, family, and business associates’. 
‘My goal is not to be popular, but to be connected, so that relationships built there can bear the weight of the Gospel’ B.McAnally.

15th of September, 8:56am
yesterday afternoon was brilliant! I met up with my Polish friend and her kids, we talked about churches, families, God and I gave her 'Realna Nadzieja' journal, which is produced in Poland and has John's Gospel in it as well as stories about people finding God in foreign lands and what difference He has made in their lives. Please, pray for my friend to come to know the power of stories for God is the director of each of them:). Thank you!
15th of September, 12:45pm
I am bursting with joy and 100% hipper! This morning I had a good skype talk with church in Poland and there are good stuff happening and hopefully, I will be able to go for the weekend in October to discuss missions.
And then I was on my way to meet another Polish lady, instead I met Pavel, who has lived here for 10 years, married to a Romanian and have a cute daughter. As he said to me, 'I am a Christian and I go to church, but sometimes I lack understanding of God and I would love to meet with you to talk about him and our relationship' and than I met Agnieszka, who is a Christian and lives near us. She is married too and has a cute son. So, they are both keen to meet up with someone for prayer and a meal, which I think we'll arrange one for next week! Oh gosh, this is so amazing and when I said that God is in action I meant it! He is here and He is with you and us! You are the most amazing support team on Facebook!!! So, guys keep praying!
26th of September, 9:13am
This week is a little bit calmer and I can reflect on the past few weeks. It seems all is falling into places and we are exited to see God at work. As much as God is working in peoples lives that we meet He is changing and shaping us too. Today Vidas is having his first lecture on Spiritual Formation at Redcliffe College. I am very proud of my husband, as you can all imagine!:) I am looking forward to hear and see more of God in his life.
On Friday we are having a Polish family for dinner to get to know each other and hopefully we'll be meeting on regular basis for meals and prayer. And of course, I continue Polish lessons on Wednesdays and having people around our place; enjoying fellowship with many strangers.... they teach us a lot about grace and love and this is the best bit of being in full time ministry! Such a blessing to have you all with us!
28th of September, 12:27pm
tonight we are having Redcliffe volunteers for Bible studies. We are studying Hebrews 2, ‘so we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it’. Sometimes it is very hard to hear His voice and sometimes His voice becomes ‘flesh’ that we could see Him at work in our lives. He is amongst us. We do not see Him or do not hear the Voice because we are too selfish and passive in our walk. We pray that each of these young people hear His voice to keep them walking forward in the steps of His Son Jesus Christ. Pray for them to grow into men and women of God! 

New home
Here are some pictures of our new home: one of the most important places in the house is a kitchen! The garden as you can see needs a lot of work and I am working on it step by step. Our bedroom is spacious and I have a working space! Rugile loves her room very much! Please, come and visit us!










Our address:67 Deans Way, Gloucester, GL1 2QA, UK                                              
Email: rita.rimkiene@ecmi.org             
ECM Britain
50 Billing Road, Northampton, NN1 5DB, UK
p.s. Thank you for your ongoing support! By the way, our support is coming up slowly and if you would like to join us on this remarkably rewarding journey, write to us or ECM Britain. We still need 58 people with £10 per month. Is it too much? What about as little as £5 per month? 
Blessings to you all!
Rimkai 



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment