Monday 1 August 2011

How kind the Lord is! How good he is! So merciful this God of ours! Psalm 116:5


I will put a new Spirit...
I watched Neringa growing from a child to a teenager and then to a young adult. Through all these years I have seen her in different stages of life. She was happy, unhappy, lost and very lonely soul. Sometimes I tried to talk to her and all I have got in return was sobbing... 
We moved to Redcliffe and she came to visit us. She saw her brother in a different light. We had a chat about God and how He can change us....but this is how far we got...
After 2 years she came back as a volunteer. This is the moment you were waiting for....After a week she came to me. She said that she watched us over the years and decided that she would like to have life just like ours. Well, ‘there is a way’ I said. I listed all sorts of horrible stuff that can happen to a follower of Christ and asked her if she was ready for such sacrifices (I guess we are never really ready, but..). There was silence for a while and then she said, ‘yes’. We prayed together. 
The journey begins here... and you are part of this journey!






A guest from Poland
I met Kinga on the cold February afternoon. On the way to our house she told me her story. My heart leaped from excitement. A young girl comes to England to search for ‘something different’ and....the most exciting part of her quest is meeting the Lord. 
A week ago she has visited us again. It was wonderful to see how much she has grown in the knowledge of God, how mature and brave she was to stand up for the truth of God back at home. 
 She is an encouragement to us! I would really like to hear God saying to her, ‘Go and join Rita and Vidas in Gloucester’.  Well, who knows He might do that or not, but this is one of those stories when people leave their homeland to find ‘something different’ - they find God. He is waiting for us no matter where we are and how far we travel. He is on every road patiently waiting for travelers to hear His voice...
MOVING HOUSE 
There is a short story to our big move... our old forgotten friend, that I bumped into from time to time at Redcliffe saw our little, but very flexible house... We had lots of people for dinners and lunches, BBQ’s and trampoline jumping competitions, girly nights and boys games nights, prayer and Bible studies nights... it was such a blessing! But one day, we had about 15 people in our dining room. That night I prayed for God to provide us with a bigger house. Did I believe in having us more spacious house? Not really, yeah sometimes...but not wholeheartedly. Anyway, when my friend saw our house she offered us to rent her house, which has more space...and all the things that I listed in my prayers and even more. 
God is preparing us for something very exciting! We believe very much that our house will be a blessing to our new neighbours and travelers that come from far away to find ‘something different’, but find God in waiting for them to rest their feet and wipe their tears at the doorstep of others... 
Thank you for being part of this journey! 



Please, pray for our support! We need only 60 people with £10 per month! If you would like to join us on this wonderful journey, please contact us or ECM Britain.



Rita and Vidas Rimkai                                                           
8 Casey Close, GL1 3QP
from the 1st of September
67 Deans Way, GL1 2QA

European Christian Mission,
FREEPOST NH-4573
50 Billing Road
Nothampton
NN1 5BR
www.ecmbritain.org




1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting!!
    Rita, I'd like to support you guys £10 a month! I just don't know how long or steadily God will have me in an earning job... but for now, I am. So... we need to talk about how I can be involved for the moment!

    ReplyDelete