Monday 25 April 2011

Pulawska, Warsaw

Gość w dom, Bóg w dom

As soon as the Polish night ended I packed and headed for London Luton airport. In a few hours I landed in the cold and wet Warsaw. I was met by Lukasz Bajenski and his lovely family who took me to Pulawska church where my adventure began the very next morning. (By the way,  I am trying to keep our updates short, therefore I will not talk much about people or church size, but will focus on the outreach and possibilities for mission without borders). 
When I arrived they had began the Labyrinth, which is an evangelistic tool that has been used in this church for years and it proved to be very affective. Many people came to church through the Labyrinth, which takes you on a journey of life, God, creation and your place in God’s kingdom by using media.  I have met people not only from Poland, but also from England, Singapore, India and North America, who have been deeply touched by the simple, but affective media coordinated way of telling the story of God’s creation and purpose of our lives. 
Sunday service with pastor Zbigniew Tarkowski
At the end of the second week I had a meeting with three church leaders to discuss future possibilities.  The church leaders expressed their interest in working in partnership with churches in Gloucester.  
Pastor Zbigniew Tarkowski wrote a letter to Kendal Road Baptist Church, St. James and Brunswick Baptist church inviting them to partner and seek ways of reaching out to Polish people in Gloucester together.  At this point I thanked Lord for taking me so far and answering to our prayers for Polish church in Poland to begin thinking about cross-cultural missions.  Pulawska church has raised people of faith that seek God’s will.  
On the way back to England when I had time to reflect and think of the last two weeks. I thought about the meaning of ‘Global Church’ that we often claim of being part of it. We often fail to act like one for many different reasons. Churches in the central and eastern Europe have been receiving missionaries and help for years. It is time for them to think about giving and learning more about God’s Kingdom by working with western churches as equal partners in God’s mission.  Where perhaps western churches will be open receivers than givers.  We inviting you to pray for these churches to seek God’s will and to be open to new opportunities.

Here are some photos from Pulawska church where God is so real in peoples lives and worship. 
Ewa became my Polish mum
Sunday school
Rafal is a pastor at Pulawska and coordinator of the Labyrinth
The Labyrinth reception
Behind the scenes of the Labyrinth
Michael from India is studying PhD in business and Mariusz coordinator of the Labyrinth
House group
Gość w dom, Bóg w dom (A guest in the house, God in the house) Polish people are extremely hospitable! I had so much food that I thought I will explode.  As the Polish saying says, ‘A guest in the house, God in the house’ and they truly made me feel very special by constantly feeding me.
Reunion with former Redcliffe volunteers
at the Labyrinth
50+ club, I had a chance to talk about our vision and read Polish Bible!
The Labyrinth walls have been rolled up around the polls for the Sunday service.
one of the Labyrinth chambers

Labyrinth reception is always busy
pastor Zbigniew


Pulawska church has over 500 members and is growing! They have planted two more churches. The North church has over 700 members and two month old new plant church has 200 people and growing!!! I had a wonderful time at Pulawska church and visited other two. Here are some photos.




Thank you for your prayers!!!


Rita and Vidas

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment